Right from the school days,
When many of us never did our home work,
To escape from our teachers eyes, we used to try many ways,
Some used to bunk the classes, some would simply play their luck,
I used to pray hard to save my day,
But the teacher had other plans for me,
I used to get caught, what come may,
My prayers unheard, all I felt was “Why Me?”, “Why Me?”
To buy a ticket, every time I stood in a queue,
Never had I chance to be amongst the first few,
And when finally, when my turn was due,
With counter closing down, I had to move on to a new,
Starting afresh, hoping luck smiles upon me,
And at the back of mind I screamed out loud, “Why Me?”, “Why Me?”
When I got my job, I worked day and night,
Many wrongs came my way, but I always chose the right,
But when the day came to send a team at on-site,
I prayed to God, this time, I wouldn’t have to fight,
But my manager chose someone else, but me,
I wanted to know, Why me? Why me?
I was angry with God, for never favoring me luck,
Be it in school, or the counter or at my work,
There were so many other times, when I felt left out,
I needed a place, where I could go and shout,
Only when I thought all this, I saw a little boy,
He stood by a road side with a bowl, instead of a toy,
Neither could he see, nor could he stand,
His right shirt sleeve had a missing hand,
All this while, I wished I wasn’t me,
Would it be fair to ask God now, “Why Me?”, “Why Me?”
There are many who pray to God for a day, we live,
They wish they could breathe the air we breathe,
Today HE had shown me what I couldn’t see,
My life had a purpose and, I now had an answer to, “Why Me?”, “Why Me?”
You are the best!!I think everyone of us has this feeling of "Why ME" but not that everyone can put them so beautifully in words..keep writing the good stuff,Loved it!!
ReplyDelete