Tuesday, 31 May 2011

I love the way I feel...


The wind is strong here. I can hear it whistle in my ears. I open my eyes and look around I feel like I own this place. I can see the horizon, which is not too far than I thought but it’s still far beyond my reach. I close my eyes, to feel this moment, one which I never knew, it existed. I spread my arms to the sky and my shirt flutters to the resisting wind, but my body is steady as a rock.  My feet are cold, not out of nervousness, but it’s the concrete slab below my soles.

It’s time for me to take a step forward. A step towards freedom… from worries and sorrows, from friends and families.. a step away from the opportunity of living life, of taking challenges but then it’s a choice I’ve made.. I suppose. But I think to myself, should it be a step or a leap? Although the destination is the same, it’s the journey that matters. A leap should feel good; I make up my mind. But standing on the edge of the skyscraper, a leap is as difficult as it can get. As I push myself forward, I stumble and lose balance, but recover just in time. I still refuse to open my eyes and I take my posture again with arms wide, head held high and breathing in the fresh air.
I have made up my mind, not to fail this time…  and take a leap and yes, I am floating now. I feel weightless, like my mother’s carrying me in her arms. My eyes are still closed and now feel the gush of air hitting my face. My hair dances to the tune of the wind and I hear the wind, but not as a whistle like before, it hurts my ears leaving them cold. I love this feeling of being light and free. I feel like a bird in the sky, like the fish in the sea … free to go the path it wishes. I am enjoying every moment of this feeling and wish it stays for last.

But good things don’t last forever they say, and so true are these words. The divine feeling has ended finally, as I crash on the hard surface. I bounce and bounce again, then, to lay lifeless in the pool of wine-looking liquid. My head feels heavy, and my eyes are hazy. But I still love the way I feel inside. I can hear some people’s voices from far away but they don’t seem that far. My haziness is turning into darkness and the voices fade away further, but I still love the way I feel… the feeling of freedom…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment