Friday, 17 June 2011

I feel light today!

The alarm buzzed, bringing me back to life on a Saturday morning. Now, who keeps an alarm over weekends? one would think. But then, here I was rubbing my eyes, with ruffled hair, scratching my bum, dragging my feet to the bathroom. 
It's a Saturday, and I am already up at 7.30 am. Why do friends keep a "let's meet for breakfast" on a weekend? I go to the kitchen to make myself some ginger tea, before I could head out with my friends. A nice hot cup of ginger tea gives me that kick-on-the-butt, to start my day. As I sit on my cane chair, browsing through the head lines, I notice something looking at me. Yes, it's something and not someone. I always feel, non-living objects do have a life of their own and tend to speak to you in their own special way. So then, this object kept staring at me and I looked straight back at it.


It was my weighing machine. She usually doesn't do this and lays quiet under the table covered in dust. But today, she was on a mission... mission to get me check my weight. I thought to myself, why not, if she insists. 


I kept the cup of tea on the side table and let the newspaper fall to the floor. I walked towards, and dragged her out. I don't even remember when was the last time I stepped on her, but every time she'd make me unhappy with the results. May be, that was the reason I dumped her under the table. 


I wasn't sure what she had in store for me today, but decided to step on her... gently. 


'Gently', because I would hope, every time, she gives me a number less than the previous one. But it never worked that way. She always was true to herself and to me as well. 


Yet, now I waited for pointer on the scale to come to a stand-still. Those moments are too different than waiting for your exam results.. anxious ones.. 


Finally, the result was out and for the first time, I smiled. It was less than my previous score, I had lost weight... I showed gratitude towards the machine for the first time, and respectfully placing giving her a place in a corner but not under the table. I smiled, to myself, to her... 


I sat back in my cane chair, getting back to my tea and thought, in spite of a heavy meal last night how did I weigh less? This was not the time to do a Root-Cause-Analysis, but was to enjoy the moment. 


May be it's those worries that I let go off myself last evening. Not bothering about things which are not within my control... not letting people's words and deeds bother me. It was just last night, where I decided to live every moment, without thinking of what future holds for me. 


I had felt light in my head, as I hit the bed last night and it showed me on the scale this morning. Weird is it not? my mind resonated.. but then, as I begin my day.. I feel light today!

1 comment:

  1. Very true Ameya...Quite often in life it's not the the food that makes us heavy but the baggage of unnecessary worries..Loved your post..it's a message to feel light everyday..

    ReplyDelete